Stingray Staff

Stingray Staff
What a Super(hero) family!!

Thursday, August 28, 2014

What a fun idea!!

I had the absolute please of attending an all about me student museum in Tiffany Morra's classroom today.  Student brought in three objects that best described them and had them displayed around the classroom like a mini museum.  What a great way to continue to build that deep sense of community in a class.  If you haven't met Tiffany, she teaches third grade and is also one of our team leaders.  She is a great wealth of information when it comes to using running records to organize groups.  Here are some of the mini galleries I saw today:







On a side note Tiffany also had a gallery about herself set up....Did you know that Tiffany was a gymnast?  A serious gymnast?  Competitive?  I am so glad I went to her gallery today and learned this about her, how fun!!!!!


While in Tiffany's room, I had the opportunity to see some of the other work they had done to build community during the first ten days of school.  I found this neat super hero themed classroom activity...I know, I am back on the super hero saddle, but it was too cool not to mention.  



So basically they came up with their super secret identities, their super power and 3 ways they would be a superhero.  They also created their superhero emblem.  Tiffany's is up top, but I captured a few of the most legible kid examples as well:




I am so lucky that I get to be in a position where I can enjoy all of this hard work every day.  I LOVE my job so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment